Monday, August 27, 2007

After a workout, zucchini slaw hits the spot

We went to the gym for an hour-long workout tonight, so we didn't eat 'til nearly 9. Fortunately, we had some pretty righteous leftovers on hand: two ears of corn and a marinated turkey breast tenderloin we grilled last night, and grated zucchini I had left over from baking my cake on Sunday. (The grated zucchini had stayed good and fresh refrigerated in an air-tight ziploc bag.) I made a nice slaw salad with the corn and about a cup of the grated zucchini, adding a chopped garden tomato, half of a diced crisp red pepper, a tablespoon of white vinegar and two tablespoons olive oil. I just stirred all that up and served it with slices of our excellent cold turkey. Dinner was as low-cal and quick as Lean Cuisine, and more appetizing.

(Yesterday before grilling the turkey, I soaked it in the Joy of Cooking recipe for chicken marinade-- it was perfect.)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love your blog!! Thanks for all the food info. I'm making fried eggplant tomorrow.

Tess Knadler said...

Thanks, Kathryn! If I've accomplished nothing else this summer, at least I've made eggplant my friend.