Friday, August 10, 2007

Hot sausage and beans on a summer night

Dinner tonight took just a few minutes of prep time. During my lunch break, I opened two 15-ounce cans of diced tomatoes, threw these into my slow cooker with a chopped onion, a 15-ounce can of black beans, 2 cloves minced garlic, about a cup of frozen corn and four pre-cooked jalapeno beef sausages, cut into chunks, that I bought last week at the farmers' market. I also added about 3/4 cup uncooked rice. I stirred all this up, set the slow cooker to high and cooked from about 1 p.m. 'til 6 p.m. The sausages spiced up this pot o' goodness just right.

It was maybe a little bit too warm tonight to be serving a hot bowl of beans and spicy sausage. But it was delicious. I'm saving this recipe to use again when winter hits.

3 comments:

2brbzzz said...

Tess, everything you have on here looks delicious. I had no idea you were such a wizard in the kitchen. Kudos on a great blog

2brbzzz said...

this is Mike Knadler, by the way

Tess Knadler said...

Thanks, Mike!