Monday, August 13, 2007

The perfect burger, and perfect sides

What's better on a summer night than a burger hot off the grill? A burger of Kansas-raised beef laced with bits of sweet onion, garnished with garden tomatoes and feta cheese on a homemade French roll, with a side of just-picked sweet corn, slices of roasted red pepper, and chunks of fresh cantaloupe. Served with a glass of chilled Columbia Valley Fume Blanc. What a perfect dinner.

What are we going to do come October when the farmers' market closes for the winter?

3 comments:

Lori said...

Your photos are picture perfect. Seriously, I'm always astonished by how mouth-wateringly good they are.

Tess Knadler said...

You're very kind. Blogging about food is helping me become a better cook, I think, and I'm figuring out how to make the most of my little point-and-shoot camera. It's a lot of fun. (What did we use our digital cameras for before we had blogs??)

Jaime said...

Your burger recipe sounds delish. I just got an e-mail from a high school friend who won a nationwide burger contest. I don't think she used Kansas beef, however. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=3462979&page=1