Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fall, when a bit of pressure hits the air

I feel autumn creeping up on me just a little bit. I'm sensing a hint of that back-to-school pressure in the air, hot and humid though the air still is. I don't know why I feel this way. Though school started for little children today in Wichita, my grown-up children don't live within 1,000 miles of here. Summer's not supposed to end for another month.

Maybe I'm feeling the onset of fall because this week I've had to drive slowly again through school zones on my way to work, and church choir practice is about to start for another season. I'm a faithful Episcopalian, which means I'm not very good about getting to church during the summer time. Fall prompts a return to routine. Our choir had a potluck dinner tonight to begin easing into our Wednesday night rehearsal schedule. I had meant to come home at lunchtime to make some excellent dish to share, but ended up so busy at work that I ate vending machine munchies for lunch and resorted to buying something somebody else made to take to the potluck.

Picked up a takeout order of spinach artichoke dip and chips at Larkspur, an excellent restaurant across the street from my office. Good food, even if I didn't make it. No fuss, no pressure.

No comments: