Thursday, August 30, 2007

Easy does it: Salsa-grilled flounder fillets

One good idea often leads to another. Yesterday my boss asked my advice on how to cook fish fillets. I said I like to brush them with olive oil, lemon juice, sprinkle with dill, then wrap them in olive-oil-coated foil, very loosely, and grill for about 15 minutes at high heat. She took that idea and created a variation: She coated her fillets in salsa, then wrapped them in foil and grilled them. When she described that to me today, it sounded so good, I did the same with flounder fillets when I got home tonight. The result was low-fat, low-calorie, so delicious. To go with our fish, we grilled sweet potatoes flavored with fresh-grated parmesan. To cook those, I stabbed each a couple times, wrapped them in foil too, and grilled at high heat for about 30 minutes.

No comments: