Friday, August 3, 2007

More veggies than we could eat? Not quite


Last Saturday I took a snapshot of all the vegetables I had on hand for the week ahead. Summer rocks, doesn't it? It's been a good week. It's Friday and I'm about out of groceries. I'm down to just one yellow squash and four small onions. We've had roasted corn- red pepper-zucchini-tomato salad, grilled eggplant with feta, steamed green beans, spaghetti squash as a side dish once and as a main dish twice, grilled onions, mmm... I feel very healthy this week.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very lovely still life. I can't wait to go to the farmer's market tomorrow. I haven't been in about three weeks, and I'm wondering if corn is available yet? I'm also going to try the meat products, which I've never bought.

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous photo! Sounds like you're getting in your recommended servings of fresh produce. If you're open to suggestions, locally grown peaches are tasting mighty good right now. You should snag some if you see any at the market tomorrow.