Friday, August 17, 2007

We always have thyme for grilled potatoes

Tonight we skewered little itsy-bitsy new potatoes and cooked 'em on the grill, seasoned with thyme. They were wonderful.

First I boiled the potatoes for 15 minutes. Then I rinsed them quickly in cold water, put them whole onto my stainless steel skewers and brushed them with a mixture of olive oil, a teaspoon of dried thyme, and salt and pepper. On separate skewers we cooked fresh red pepper and chunks of sweet onion, brushed with the same olive oil mixture. And I threw some zucchini rounds onto the grill as well, and corn wrapped in foil, 'cause we just can't get enough corn these days. Everything grilled up on medium heat in about 12 minutes.

Olive oil is so delicious and healthy. I couldn't get through summer without it.

So tonight we had lots of vegetables to accompany tasty bites of the cold salmon left over from yesterday, doused with fresh lemon juice. Not a bad way to wrap up a long work week.

No comments: