Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Breakfast smoothie goes down easy

Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but for me, it's just kind of a chore in the morning, something I'd skip if I could. On weekends, I like to cook a big breakfast for Dave as if I'm running some kind of B&B, but on weekdays, breakfast is just something I gotta get down the hatch, something healthy, whatever. Most often that is a piece of wheat toast, maybe some yoghurt. Sometimes it's a cardboard-flavored hi-protein energy bar I eat in the car.

Today I got uncharacteristically creative and blended a fruit smoothie, with a banana, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, two 6-ounce containers of low-fat, low-calorie yoghurt (one vanilla, one mixed berry), a splash of milk, and (for protein and fiber) a scoop of wheat germ. It was yummy. Made enough for two 8-ounce glasses, a nice cool breakfast on a July morning. First chore of the day, accomplished.

No comments: