Friday, October 12, 2007

Slow cooker chicken cacciatore, I'll call it

I love coming home on a Friday night to a nicely prepared dinner, especially one I prepared myself at lunch time.

Today, during my noon hour, I thawed four chicken thighs in the microwave and threw them into the slow cooker with an assortment of ingredients I had on hand: a15-ounce can of tomatoes, a 15-ounce can of tomato sauce, a chopped yellow pepper, a diced red onion, three minced garlic cloves, about a cup of red wine, and a few generous shakes of dried basil. I set the cooker on high, and about three hours later, while I was hard at work downtown, Dave turned the temperature to low. At the end of the day, we poured this nice chicken dish over some freshly cooked new potatoes to enjoy with steamed green peas. Perfectly lovely.

No comments: