Sunday, November 18, 2007

Before Thursday, is it OK to Shake 'n Bake?

Thanksgiving, of course, is a big project for whoever is cooking. Wonderful, but a bit of work. So as we get ready for Thursday, isn't it OK to cut a few corners (or order take-out) once or twice as we prepare dinners in these throw-away days ahead of time?

Yesterday when Dave and I were at the grocery store, as I was cruising the baking aisle for whole wheat flour and packets of yeast, he was somehow drawn to pull a box of "Shake 'N Bake" from the shelf and throw it into our cart. Don't know when I last coated pork chops with Shake 'N Bake crumbs, but you know, it wasn't a bad way to go tonight, after I'd been baking all day. Panko crumbs would have been a better, more contemporary option, but I'd have had to take a few minutes to figure out what to do with those.

No need to share tonight's recipe here. You can find it on the box.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Shake and bake rocks. Our favorite meal is chicken drumsticks with Shake and bake and a side of mac and cheese (two year old in the house)

Tess Knadler said...

NOW I remember when I last used Shake 'N Bake... when I had kids living at home! That's it.

Heather rules said...

My husband LOVES Shake 'n Bake. I am not a fan. So I turned him onto my pork chops. I coat mine in crushed Savory Herb Stove Top. It's WAY better than Shake 'n Bake in my opinion. We had it for dinner last night.

I totally agree in cutting corners during this busy week. I'm tired just thinking about it. I will have a lot to do Wednesday night. I work Thursday. ;o(

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year you should try making a Shake N Bake turkey?

By the way, is it Shake and Bake, or the more advertising friendly Shake N Bake?

See you....tomorrow! Looking forward to it!