Sunday, August 10, 2008

Corn, spinach and fat-free feta-- all legal on my diet

Having lost the few pounds I wanted to lose this summer, I've switched from Weightwatchers Flex Plan (where you count every "point" and feel hungry ALL the time) to Weightwatchers Core Plan (where you can eat all the fruit, vegetables, non-fat cheese and lean meat you want without adding up the points). I miss bread, I miss sweets, but I don't miss feeling like I ought to throw away my favorite jeans because I can't squeeze into them. So I'll keep this up awhile longer.

Being on the Core Plan means I could really enjoy dinner last night, of delicious stew and a salad chock full of different flavors. We had an ear of grilled corn left over from a couple nights ago. (Always grill extra to have on hand for salad.) I threw that into a bowl of spinach, tomatoes, avocado, carrots, green grapes (cut in half) and crumbled fat-free feta. I asked Dave what he thought of the fat-free cheese, and he thought it tasted perfectly acceptable. I mixed a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing. All legal on my diet.

I also thawed out a batch of my homemade blonde brownies to serve for dessert. But (sigh) I didn't have one.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Congratulations on losing the weight you set out to shed. The Weightwatchers Core Plan doesn't look too bad. I'll take some corn, spinach and fat-free feta any day. Yum.

Tess Knadler said...

Yesterday I have to admit I did not stick to Core basics! We visited with too many friends who are good cooks. I practiced portion control (sorta kinda) but was less than resolute. I am determined to stick to the program today.

Jessie Knadler said...

hi tess, i've been checking out your blog lately.....do you take submissions?

Tess Knadler said...

I would be interested in anything you'd want to send!

Anonymous said...

I'll be starting a no-carb diet next week and this recipe comes just in time. Thanks.