Sunday, November 23, 2008

Great Thanksgiving appetizer: Smoked salmon

We're headed to the Bay Area to enjoy Thanksgiving in a vacation rental with my mom and daughter Caryn. No cooking planned while on this vacation-- we're having Andronico's gourmet grocery cater our holiday supper. Quite a departure, but I'm feeling lazy so am very much looking forward to it.

Thought I'd offer up one holiday tip before we go, for others who may not be cooking but want to take along something easy and pretty to share with your hosts at Thanksgiving dinner. Went to a party last night and took a tray of smoked salmon (only $9.99 at Sam's Club for a 16-ounce package of "Premium Nova" variety.) I spread salmon slices on a bed of parsley, sprinkled on some fresh dill, capers, lemon juice, then served with crackers and cream cheese. Elegant and economical.

3 comments:

Lori said...

it was so delicious. have a wonderful time on your holiday vacation.

Lori said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

(I also wanted to let you know that I've put a long-overdue response to your blog tag on my blog.)

Sorin said...

Beautiful photos! I really like your blog.