Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cook up righteous pizza with whole-wheat crust

I love making pizza. I should do it more often. One night last week, we had pepperoni, artichoke hearts and a few Kalamata olives left over from Dave's Greek pasta salad fixings. So after work, I made quick pizza crust using my food processor. I followed the recipe but used one cup of whole wheat flour, 2/3 cup of white flour. For topping, I sauteed 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion with half a chopped red bell pepper in some olive oil. I brushed my crust with some canned tomato sauce, added the onion and pepper with a few spinach leaves, a handful of grated mozzarella, the Greek salad stuff, then sprinkled some dried oregano and parmesan on top before baking. This recipe doesn't take any time to make. Try it next time you're thinking of calling for Papa John's.

No comments: